Mental illnesses can have serious consequences on a person’s family and occupation. Mental Health Illnesses is unable to think clearly and feel properly. Hence, it is not possible for him or her to carry out the daily duties expected of him. Medical science recognises almost 200 different types of mental illnesses. Being affected by any one of these compromises your ability to attend office or school. It also takes you away from your normal life. The symptoms of any mental illness can manifest in unique ways and the intervention of a professional doctor is very important in this case. The doctors will send you to the top drug rehab centers for care and treatment.
Major mental illnesses
Among the 200 illnesses categorised the top five are:
- Anxiety disorders: This mental illness causes extreme distress, apprehension, and fear among patients. People who are in job interviews or public speaking often suffer from anxiety disorders. The span of such sufferings can last until six months or even more. This includes symptoms like nightmares, panic attacks, pain, headache, nausea, obsessive thoughts etc. Sometimes people suffering from extreme anxiety disorder also get paranoid about even leaving their homes Mental Health Illnesses. There are various kinds of anxiety disorders also like panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social phobia, and generalised anxiety disorder. Doctors will direct you to top drug rehab centres if you are suffering from the same.
- Mood disorder: Everybody suffers from mood swings once in a while. But people with mood disorders suffer lasting periods from the mood swings. This means that their bad mood phases last longer than others. This creates a huge impact on the people with whom they live on a daily basis. The main reason for such mood disorders is bipolar disorder and depression. However, with proper treatment at the best drug rehab centres, it becomes easier to recuperate and get back into normal life.
- Schizophrenia: This is a brain disorder that shows major disruption and changes in the emotional function. Therefore, serious changes can be observed in a person’s behaviour and communication. People tend to hallucinate a lot when suffering from this disease Mental Health Illnesses. They also tend to hear voices and have delusions. The patients also tend to withdraw from their social surroundings. The thoughts and speech usually become incoherent as the reasoning becomes abnormal.
- Dementia: Dementia is marked by loss of memory and the ability to perform daily activities. There is a change in consciousness and overall health. The commonest types of dementia include Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s and dementia caused by substance abuse or toxins. This is most commonly found in people of old age but it is not mandatory for aged people to suffer from dementia.
- Eating disorders: This is a chronic disease that can have life-threatening consequences. It has to be treated in time and usually begins when people are in their teenage. Women are the worst affected by this disease. It is marked by symptoms of excessive eating or lack of eating. People suffering from this disease are struck by a constant obsession overweight, body shape and lack of confidence.